Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Not Just an Ordinary "Graham" Cracker


I knew early on that this boy did not come from an ordinary mold. Any teenage boy that can put up with preteen girls is pretty special. I remember spending the night at my friend Tasha's house and her brother Graham graciously getting through the night. But then when the breakfast came out - WATCH OUT- he would pick on the skinny girls, like Vicki. She'd barely put a bite of pancake in her mouth and he would say, "Are you going to finish that?" I'm sure Vicki wanted to stab him with her fork. And then in a blink of an eye, 20 years flew by, and he is married to one of my best friends. My heart has grown fonder of this man, day by day. The little things that I see him do for so many people (including for me) is always done with a pure heart. He even made his wife VEGAN Brownies! What a guy! A couple of weeks ago he was outside with Gianna hula hooping. I wish I had a picture of that because it was the sweetest thing. He is such a gentle giant. Happy Birthday Graham! You are no ordinary cracker!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it takes not-ordinary to recognize not-ordinary... Thanks! Graham

Anonymous said...

let's not forget scaring me before 7th grade that i was going to get "canned" by the 9th graders.
Thanks Graham.
Have a great b-day.
V

Tasha Riley said...

Man, you made me tear up! You know my brother better than I do, and that's not fair!

Anonymous said...

Graham's wife says:
You're right about him not being an ordinary guy! He's the best!!We just had his birthday dinner and we all went around the table and said why or what we appreciated about him and I had to say that I appreciated the chance he took on me. That choice made my life beautiful!

Thanks for showin' him the love today.

love, Tina z

Garrett said...

Yes indeed Graham is an awesome guy!