Thursday, November 20, 2008

OUT OF THE COMFORT ZONE











It all started with a simple trip to Walmart. I found this silly 70's costume and wanted to put it to use. But how? My question was answered as I was blasting my radio in the car. I WILL SURVIVE came blaring out of my speakers. "Lets do a spoof video for our friend Shannan to this song!" To say the least, I was totally excited. I told some other girls and they looked at me like I was nuts! Okay.....I am nuts, but that is beside the point. It took a lot of convincing, a couple shots of tequila, and a few glasses of wine to get these girls to step out of their comfort zone. And We Did IT. I just wished someone would have told me that my butt looked like the entire Home and Garden Center at Home Depot in those flowered pants. Who says the camera adds 10lbs? But the amazing thing is that all of these ladies pushed themselves out of their comfort level, all in the name of love for a friend. I got an email earlier today from my friend Cheryl who thanked me for making her do something that she would not have normally done. And it is always so much more fun to do new things with a group of friends! And THEY SURVIVED! Who knows? We may be the next GIRL BAND!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so fun last night…hey Lavon, can I get a copy of that video?? Too funny. Thanks for a fun night, and something I normally would never have done!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

You guy's made my whole night...maybe even my whole week!! I have not laughed that hard in years. That was so much fun. Rochelle you have to be the craziest & funniest person I have ever met. Cheryl, thank you for the pictures. Is anyone going up to the Turkey Run today???

Vicky

Anonymous said...

I love it…

Nina

Anonymous said...

Now you need to post the actual video!!