Thursday, March 4, 2010

Half Marathon

For the past several years, I have made physical goals for myself....Half Dome, 50K Bike Tour, Double Dipsea, and River Rafting, to name a few. I've always had my partner in crime along the way - Tina. Tina and I train together and encourage one another through it all. I think that is what is so fascinating about setting a goal because it is about the steps that took you there...not the final destination. All the time and commitment that we have shared together is what makes it fun. And then to finish what we started is such an accomplishment - appreciating the journey and the finish line. We decided in January that we were going to run a half marathon together. Of course, Tina was way more excited then me because I hate to run. We started training and she got hurt! She tried to push through the pain, but it just isn't going to happen for her. I feel torn in so many directions because I never do things like this on my own. But I am so far into the training, that I decided that I am going to do it on my own. It's a scary thing for me and I'm a little sad about it. But I WILL CONQUER! It's not only about crossing the finish line, but also about knowing that I can push myself.

4 comments:

Savvy in San Francisco said...

Good for you!!

Tasha Riley said...

I'm sad that Tina can't do it too...but don't let it be scary for you. I'm sure she will be there cheering you on though. I wish I could be there too!

Unknown said...

I'm happy that you are going to keep going! You know I'll find something else to do.
I know you can do it and Tasha's right I'll be there cheering you on.

Love you long time,
Tina

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I will cheer with Tina too.

V