Monday, May 4, 2009

DOORBELL DITCH

We all have those neighbors that you just don't want to mess with. The ones that you are secretly afraid of because you never see them coming or going. And you wonder what in the heck they do in that house all day long. Are they hiding dead bodies? Your mind starts to wonder...you know? I've lived in my neighborhood almost 8 years now and really haven't said much to these people I've shared a sidewalk with. Yesterday, I was forced to meet them, as my nine year old son decided it would be a GREAT idea to doorbell ditch them. If it wasn't for my 3 year old nephew, who decided to tattle on his older cousin. And believe me, it wasn't easy trying to figure out the story from a little tow headed toddler. But eventually, Brandon came clean with the story and decided on his own, that he had to apologize. We walked down the street, got to the door, and the doorbell didn't look so inviting to Brandon anymore. But he did apologize to the neighbors, who didn't seem so bad after all. Although, I did tell my son, the last boy that they caught doorbell ditching, has never come out of their house yet! I think he'll think twice next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so you to add the signature Rochelle line at the end. Always goot keep them thinking don't ya.
V

Garrett said...

"Ding Dong Ditchem"

Why did we think that was such a fun game?!!