Thursday, April 23, 2009

IT'S OKAY TO BREATHE

I've been holding my breath for months now! Life has been a roller coaster, full of ups and downs. Just when I think its okay to let go at the top, no one can hear me scream on my way down. I've feared turning the corner, shutting my eyes, afraid of what is around the bend. And finally, I have found beauty around the cancer corner. My friend Maile found out that her melonoma did not spread into her lymph nodes! Thank God. It seems that cancer has been the theme of my life the past couple of months. I don't want to answer my phone at night because I'm fearful of who is on the other end and the news that they are about to share. But, having so many friends, that are battling this demon, has put life into a new category. Live your best life. Make love matter. Don't sweat the stupid crap! Live it the way God intended! And just breathe!

1 comment:

Nina Sibert said...

Rochelle...I am so happy for your friend. It's a crazy ride that we have all been on lately. You are an absolute angel that has come into our lives to help us through these rides of our lives.