Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life's A Leech

Okay..back to my rafting stories...Nina's last day of chemo took storytelling priority! So...we rafted on Friday for 6 miles. It was hard to enjoy at first because I was so nervous. When we finally set up camp for the night, we decided to go on a hike. I thought hike meant...trails! But basically we had to fight through mounds of rocks, logs, and uneven terrain. It must have been at least 95 degrees out too! On our way, my feet slipped out in front of me and I hit my head on a large boulder. After the fall, I felt very insecure about trekking the rest, but my pride got the best of me and I continued. I should have called it quits. I fell later down the hike, into some stagnant water. I soon felt something on my back and reached my hand back to swoop up three "small black worms." It grossed me out a little, but I paid no attention, until I found a few more on my arms and felt some on my legs. My friend Melanie had decided to walk with me to make sure I was okay after my first fall. I called her over to give my body a little "check over". She looked straight at me and said way too calm...."Those are leeches babe." I freaked out inside, although Melanie says I was pretty calm. I did not hesitate to strip every ounce of clothing off my body and stand naked in the middle of no where, while my friend brushed leeches off me and washed my clothes in the river. If I was thinking straight..I should have left them on my thighs for a while....cheap liposuction. Needless to say, I was the first to drink Margaritas when we got back to camp! Thanks to Melanie...who I am indebted to...and better never, ever tell anyone about my luscious body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh!!!!!!!! MY GOD!!!!! I would of had a heart attack!!! I have had a few leeches on my body years ago.!!!!!!! In those days they called them Ex-Boyfreinds!Got rid of them with a few cases o beer............