Wednesday, July 1, 2009

NINA'S CHEMO FINISH LINE!







It was one of those moments that put you in a fog, but at the same time you could remember where you were, what you were wearing, and what song was playing on the radio. I saw Cindy's name cross the screen of my cell phone and answered it in my normal crazy way. And soon was knocked to the ground when she told me Nina had breast cancer. It was October. And today, it is the end of June. I look back in the middle of it all, and that is where the strength of a woman was born and Nina's boob crew was formed. There were titty pity parties, chemo calls, pink M&M's, bright pink shirts that got many uses, shots of tequila, bottles of wine, tears, prayers, faith that no one knew they had, infamous never ending emails, sisterhood beyond comparison, crazy dances with no rhythm, boob squeezes, dew rags, Relay for Life, Love, and above all Laughter! We rallied around one another, held each other up- for it was better to do it together, then to do it alone! Goodbye Cancer....Hello New Boobies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rochelle
I am so happy for Nina! This has been a long road for her, but at the end of that road, she has her wonderful friends waiting for her and cheering her on, we love you Nina!!!!!!! This is what sisterhood is all about!!!! Friends or should I say sisters are FOREVER!!!! I Love You Rochelle!!! Your Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I had to miss this day! The pictures captured it beautifully! Congratulations Nina!

P.S. It looks like she's praising the Lord in one of the pictures.

Tina