Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Broken Prayers

The kids and I were driving on our street, when I saw this cat that just didn't look right. After further investigation, I noticed the cat was bleeding out of every part of its face. It must have gotten run over by a car, but was still walking around in a daze. Sadly, I called several places in our area and nobody could help. Feeling hopeless and disgusted with our Community, I crawled under a big bush, in my work clothes and high heels. I captured the injured cat and drove his little battered body to the vet. As the kids and I were leaving, Brandon said, "Mom...I prayed for that cat. I prayed that he would be okay." Knowing well enough that this kitty was beyond survival, I said, "Well..sometimes God doesn't always answer our prayers, the way we think He should. Sometimes, He just uses us to help. Maybe God brought us to the cat, so that he wouldn't suffer anymore." Tears ran down Brandon's face. It is such a hard lesson to learn that some of God's answer to our prayers is a simple..No. And to most of us (especially a nine year old) it just doesn't make sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday we'll understand. I'm sorry that's how your day started out yesterday.

Loving you from a far.
Tina

Anonymous said...

I love my Godson. He is the next host of Wild Wild Kingdom. It's just a matter of time. I love his heart.