Monday, April 26, 2010

The Count Down

May 2, 2010 seemed so far off in January, when I decided to run my very first half marathon. And now I only have 7 days left ! I'm super excited and scared at the same time. I'm sure if I sat long enough to count how many miles I've run in the past 4 months, I'd be close to 100. 5 miles here, 10 miles there. It's funny how I've always convinced myself that "I'm not a runner." And I would be lucky to run one mile without keeling over from a heart attack. But now I consider running 4 miles, "my short run". I'm excited about where I'm running too! Humboldt National Park. I just love being outdoors and I've decided that I'm not running with an ipod. I want to experience this whole adventure - the sights, the sounds, the smells, my heart pounding in my ears, my breathe synchronized with my footsteps. Although, I do have one hesitation about this whole running thing and that's going to the bathroom. It seems every time I run longer then six miles my bowels kick in! What's the deal with that? Can't it be simple? And since I've never run in any type of race, I don't really have a goal time.....I just want to finish what I started...even if I have to crawl across the finish line!

2 comments:

Tasha Riley said...

You will totally finish and you will do great!! (and get up early enough to wake up your bowels before you start running :) Wish I could be there to see you cross the finish line!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Girl, I'm so proud of you. This is huge. One of my personal hints, just wear your Depends. XXOO