Monday, May 3, 2010

Crossing The Line

I crossed the finish line at 2 hours, 25 minutes, and 56 seconds. Although, the joy, the satisfaction, and the accomplishment can not be connected to a watch. The experience was physical, emotional, and spiritual. I did it. Whether if some finished in an hour and a half, the distance that we traveled was the same...13.2 miles. I discovered so much of myself, how much I could push myself, how far my body could go. It took a lot to get to that starting line and once I was there, the negative messages and thoughts that I have trained my mind to believe, were left there as the gun went off. I was now a long distance athlete-and I was going to finish even if I had to crawl. The first 2 miles, I ran on adrenaline. Although, I ran this race alone, it was the other runner's that encouraged me. It is a secret bond or club that you are initiated into, once you put that number on your chest. It didn't matter fat, skinny, old, or young...I knew what it took to be there and what it was going to take to finish. I found myself encouraging others too. What a great day!

1 comment:

Tasha Riley said...

it's a good feeling, right? We all knew you could do it!! Good job Rochelle!