Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'LL GIVE YOU A SOCK...IN THE HEAD!

I packed my entire backpack on Saturday for our 20 mile hike. However, I couldn't seem to find my wool socks that are a definite must on such a long trek. I thought that maybe I had misplaced them in my husbands sock drawer. Sure enough, there was a pair. I was certain they were mine. So I took them. Well....lets go back to my husband's childhood...lets say...about 20 years ago when the flannel shirts were a fad. Apparently, my husbands two sisters use to take his flannel shirts without asking. Taking his socks (on accident, I must emphasis) put him back to when he was a teenager! "Don't go in my drawers without asking! Why can't I have anything of my own? Where are your own socks?" Well, lets see..... I thought those were my socks because I took them. If I knew were my own were, I wouldn't have used yours! Duh! He kept pressing me...wanting to know where my wool socks were. "Why? Why do you want to know so bad," I replied with my jaw clenched tighter then Fort Knox. "Because I want to wear them on my hiking trip,"he replied! Did I miss the bus somewhere along this road of conversation? I can't wear his stuff, but he can wear mine? I'll give him a sock....in the head!

No comments: