Monday, March 23, 2009

Surrender


I got a call Friday on my way to work. "Rochelle, they have a spot open at the Women's Retreat, if you want to go!" Well........let me think about that. No way! I'm really mad at God right now. I'm mad that my friend is gone. I'm mad that my other friend has cancer. I'm mad that my children are brats. I'm mad that I am overwhelmed. "Okay, let me see what I can work out," I say to my friend because I don't want to disappoint her. I knew that my husband would not want me to go and I also knew that we were shorthanded at work. Excuses, Excuses! So I knew, it was going to be impossible. I half heatedly asked my husband and my boss and without hesitation they both said, "GO!" Great....just great! Now, I'm committed. And you know what? God planned out every small detail. I ended up staying in a room all by myself, which is totally out of character for me! But such a blessing. I really got to take a good look at who I am and how God takes care of every small detail in our lives. I learned that I may not understand why things happen, but that I have a God that will hold me through it all, big and small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Graham