Monday, June 29, 2009

I SURVIVED!

I'm back from one of the best trips ever! Can I get a WOOT WOOT for White Water Rafting? Loved it! It was exhilarating and scary, not knowing what to expect. The first 10 minutes when we got into the raft, I immediately wanted to tie an anchor around my ankle and just jump out - kill myself before the rapids got me! Our guide scared the crap out of me. He told us that if we did not work as a team, he would not send us out on the water and he was not comfortable with our rafting skills. Well...what did he know? The very first rapid, one of the other boats had a woman overboard and my friend Tina and I saved her out of the water. Talk about adrenaline rush. Take that...river guide! I loved the hot sun beating down, the rush of the warm breeze in my ears, and the shiver down my spine when the water came over me! I loved to hear Jackie screaming like she was on a roller coaster, Ann giggling like a five year old, Reyna saying funny comments just at the right time, Debbie smiling, and for Tina who was by my side the whole trip! It was funny because everyone called us the "church boat". But what they didn't hear was the "OH SHITS" that spewed out of my mouth, every time I got tossed about! Keep reading this week because I have some more stories to tell!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad I did that trip with you! I was scared in the beginning too, but would go back tomorrow! The group was AWESOME and it was so nice to meet Reyna, Ann, Debbie and Jackie! Thank you for being part of my life! Boy! Do I have some GREAT bruises! Love ya! Pam

Anonymous said...

Glad your back safely. Any chance we can do a level 2 or 3 together? Baby steps..

V