Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Joy

I'm finally coming up for air. Sometimes, life can just knock the air out of you and it takes awhile to come back up. But I'm here! And a sweet friend (Lavon) has reminded me that through life, you can't forget the Joy! Joy doesn't mean the outside appearance of happiness, but the internal gratitude of the small stuff. And I noticed that I don't have to look for Joy - it is already present...in my friends, in my husband and children, and the fact that I am loved. This weekend I enjoyed watching Brandon go tubing and wake boarding for the first time. The pure excitement on his face was priceless. That truly made my day. The weekend before, I went to a wedding in Tahoe. Man, I am old! It was a little girl I use to babysit...scary! I spent alone time with my husband, without constant interruption...and I can now remember why I married him in the first place! Gianna and I went to the Miley Cyrus concert two weekends ago. When Miley Cyrus came out, I watched the raw joy on Gianna's face. It's amazing that a six year old knows what to do at a concert! So all in all....I got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy, down in my heart!

1 comment: