Monday, December 22, 2008

Slow Down

You all know the routine! October hits and the Christmas stuff is already out at Costco! The race has begun and there is no stopping until New Years day. I always say that I'm not going to get caught up in it all... but somehow it slowly creeps into my life. There has been many functions this last month and I have had the mentality of not thinking ahead. One day at a time (and I feel like busting out in the one day at at a time theme song from the 1970's sitcom). Anyways, (see how easily I get sidetracked)..... I've been trying not to feel how tired I actually am. When the exhaustion sets in, I grab another cup of denial and a mug of coffee. Well...it has finally hit. Let me just say, that if you don't take care of yourself, your body will eventually break down. God decides to throw you down like a Sumu wrestler. He will arm wrestle you down! So, if you haven't guessed...I'm sick. And I hate being sick because the world doesn't stop. But I am blessed that I have 3 days off this week...to just slow down. Just one more day of work....just one day at a time!

No comments: