Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Come and Gone

Wasn't it just 2008? I blinked my eyes for just one second and here we are in 2009! This year has been full of accomplishments, growth, life lessons, changes, and lots of love! I've learned above all things that sometimes being pushed out of your comfort zone is just what we need. How are you going to grow if you never take a step forward? This year I took a lot of steps forward as my friends and I hiked Half Dome. I felt pushed to the limit with life circumstances that my friends were (and are) going through. Cancer has been my driving force this year, since I know many people who have been diagnosed this year. It has caused me to love outside of myself and look beyond the superficial. I never thought that giving of myself would feel so good. I've learned that I'm not in control, even when I feel like I am. I've learned to lean on God more then ever this year. Don't get me wrong.....to grow....you've gotta feel some growing pains.....but looking back it was all worth it. 2008 has come and gone and I'm looking forward to 2009!

No comments: