Monday, March 2, 2009

Dear Cancer

I never invited you into my life, but you came anyway. You bullied yourself right into my friend's body, like a thief in the night. Did you think you were going to steal her dignity away? Did you think that by making her body weak, you would destroy the strong independent woman that she is? Did you think by stripping away her hair upon her head and her lashes from her loving eyes that she would become less beautiful? Did you think by taking her voice away, that I would not know how much she loves those around her? Don't think for a minute that you have conquered. Don't think for a second that the children that are left behind won't be the ones to figure out the cure! Don't think that those that have been touched by her life won't love harder, love stronger, or love deeper. Don't think that even though we don't have any control, that God holds her in His hands!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, E

Anonymous said...

Rochelle I Love you very Your Right fom the HEART!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

Powerful!

Tina

Anonymous said...

ROCK

Jenny

Anonymous said...

You say what we all think and i admire that sooo much.

Vicki

Anonymous said...

Hi Rochelle! It's me Tammy Jennings. My Daughter Danielle, (Brittney's friend)Showed me your site tonight. I think Brit probably showed her. This Poem was the best I've ever heard and extremely powerful. I know we don't know each other very well, but of all the beatiful things you've written on your site, I can tell your not just beautiful on the outside, but you are also beatiful on the inside. I see why our beatiful friend Shannan loved you... I hope you are doing well~ I'll see you around baby~ Tammy

Danielle said...

Well i tell you how much i love your writing, but i've never left you a comment on a piece! i figured this would be the best to comment on! this poem is so true! I cant help but cry when i read it because every obstacle that cancer threw at Shan, she never stopped smiling, and of course she never stopped showing all of us how much we meant to her! i miss her everyday!! you are a wonderful writer and keep it up..i'm always ready for a good laugh; or a good cry lol!

<3