Monday, March 9, 2009

Missing You!


My friend Shannan Wirt lost her battle with leukemia on March 5, 2009. Even though it has only been 5 days, it already seems like an eternity. I look back at time - only one year ago - and she didn't even know that she had this disease. It really puts life into perspective. I will miss so much about her - her love for my son, her generosity, her positive attitude, her beauty, her spunk, the way she would shave ice and put real lemon on top, how she got me to get into a dang swimsuit, and our intimate talks about husbands and children. Can someone please pinch me? Cloverdale is such a small town and I just know I'm going to run into her somewhere! It's really painful to lose a friend. I can't even seem to ask the question why anymore. I'm trusting that Gods timing is His own - although at this moment I'm not agreeing with His timing at all!

Four years ago, when I took the chance to introduce myself to her, I never thought that I would be standing up in front of hundreds of people, pouring my heart out at her memorial service. Whatever it is in your life....please....please.......take the chance........I promise, you'll be glad you did!

5 comments:

~Michelle said...

Roch, I didn't know your friend, but I'm so sorry for your loss. I look back at the odd circumstances of our friendship and am reminded that God was at work through it all. I love you girl and wholeheartedly agree with your advice. Sure glad God chose for our paths to cross...I know I'm not the only one richer for it! Just thought you should know...

Tasha Riley said...

I can't imagine all the feelings you are going through right now, but I think you're probably handling it better than I could. I admire all your heart and how much you give of yourself. You have been touched by so many people because you give your whole self to a friendship. I love that about you and will pray for Shannan's family.

Anonymous said...

You are so great. I love that so many people agree with me. You are surounded by so many wonderful friendships. As Tash says, you put your whole self in a friendship.
I luv ya
Mag

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for her families loss and I hate to see you hurting. You love with your whole heart and because of that your always at risk of getting hurt. I'm glad you know that it always worth the risk.
Thanks for being you.

love you,
Tina

Save your Fork said...

Rochelle, I love you too and am sorry that you are feeling this loss right now. I am so thankful to be your friend and for the years that God has given us together. You are an amazing woman and you bless many. Thanks!