Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Rock Star!











It's an inside joke between my friend Nina and I - you only make my blog if you have cancer! Well obviously she has cancer because she made my blog! October she was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a double mastectomy in January, and just started her chemo in February. Yesterday, her hair started to fall out. Well if it was me, I probably would have cried myself to sleep and then hid in a dark bomb shelter until my hair grew back! Nina? Oh no! Can't hold that girl down. She took advantage of the opportunity and made herself look like a rock star. She called me last night to tell me she got her hair cut and was going to stop by my work today to show me. When I walked out of my office and saw her face, I could see her strength and her confidence. When I saw her rock star hair, I was certain she was going to pull her electric guitar out of her back pocket and start singing something from White Snake! Cancer is not going to bring her down! She is going to kick its butt with flying colors! She is a true rock star in my eyes!

4 comments:

Tasha Riley said...

She is rockin'!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, both of you are just beautiful. Keep smiling. Elena

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures, isn't Nina beautiful with short hair. She is so amazing and brave.
Rochelle Rochelle, you are such an amazing writer. I just read your blogs and laughed my head off. I need to remember to go on here when I'm sad because I never walk away the same!!
Love,
Vickey

Anonymous said...

Rochelle, Nina is GORGEOUS!!! She is every Woman's Rock Star!!!!I Love You Mom