Thursday, March 27, 2008

OH, The People That We Meet

For the love of the Lord! Can't I go anywhere without it taking forever? Yesterday, I took some time to go shopping for my hiking boots (Half Dome here I come) and what was suppose to take an hour, took me almost two. Why? Because I met about six people along the way. I wasn't even out the door when I met mister motorcycle CHP man. He was outside, parked on his bike, waiting to catch the next speeder. We struck up a 15 minute conversation. Then off to REI, where I met Zac the shoe salesman. I found out he played basketball for a college in Santa Cruz, he's 23, and has a girlfriend. Then I met an older couple with grandchildren, who gave me advise on resoling my shoes. Two ladies sat across the way, where we talked about good healthy recipes and the best type of protein for your body. What is it? I asked myself as I got into my car. And I came to my own conclusion.. we all have stories. It's just that we are so busy in our lives that we never stop to listen. And in the meantime... I made each one smile at the end of the day. Oh, the people that we meet!

No comments: