Friday, March 28, 2008

DANCE FEVER!!!




Picture it. Driving down 101, brisk sunny morning (the type of morning when you wish you didn't have to work) and suddenly BRICK HOUSE comes booming out of my stereo. I just can't help myself as I turn it up. My head starts moving, my hands have a mind of there own and I'm dancing alone... in my red minivan. But here's the thing - this song is my favorite. I am convinced that when I'm on my death bed, play this song, and I will be resurrected! Have you ever heard the phrase.. Dance like no one is watching? But does Rochelle really care who is watching? Hell no girls! I'm comfortable in my own skin, even if it is flapping under my arms, as I get down with myself in the family van. I have dance fever... and I have a mind of my own to hire a DJ soon just so I could go dancing. I have no more weddings to go to, since all my friends are married. Maybe I'll divorce so I could get married again.. just for the party. I love the feeling of freedom to just dance. I don't care that I'm not good at it either. I just love to bust a move. Girls... we need to get out and dance whether someone is watching or not!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...here I am again cracking up at your site. I saw you this morning in these clothes before work, so I know what you do at work. It's funny how our heads start a bobbin' when we here a funky song. We're so white. You go girl and always dance like nobody's watching.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Brickhouse that got you on the dance floor at my Christmas party? Bustin' a move all by yourself - like you're performing a dance routine for everybody.

You're too much, that's why I love you. You help bring out my silliness.

XOXO, Tina

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love this blog. You kill me with the words you write. I am the same way when i hear this song. So when's the wedding? Hope you don't have to change the date 6 times like you did last marriage just so i could come!
I gotta start one. You inspire me. Not to be confused with purspire. (i know i spelled it wrong)
Love Mag

Tasha Riley said...

Love the pics! You are so funny! I think after we hike half dome we should crank up the tunes and dance the rest of the night....if we can even walk by then.

Anonymous said...

girl! i know!!! I want to have a huge party this summer just to hire a dj and dance too! One of my best memories is dancing with everybody at vicki's and your weddings!! I miss you! Your blog is so fun to read. It's so you.
xo

Anonymous said...

YOU GOT THOSE MOVES FROM YOUR MOMMY!!!!!!!! YOUR SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is why I love you! You need to come to mommies escape night! We just went dancing and "Brick House" was a favorite! You ROCK! I dance and sing in my car too, peole look and smile! What EV! ENJOY LIFE girlfriend it's the only one we've got!
Tracy A, aka T-Bone