Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pink Sky. Blue Heart Yesterday was Nonnie's birthday. And even though she hasn't been on this earth for a couple of years, our family still remembered her day. The most bittersweet conversation happened last night. Justin, the kids, and I went for our nightly walk. The sky was the most beautiful pink I have ever seen. It was one of those moments that literally takes your breath away. The kids asked why the sky was so pink. I told them it was because God painted it pink for Nonnie's birthday - that He always remembers our birthday. And then we walked on. When we got home.......

Gianna: Did Nonnie die?
Me: Yes, she did.
Gianna: Why do people die?
Me: Because when you get old your body gets tired.
Gianna: When will you be old?
Me: A long time.
Gianna: Will you die?
Me: Yes, someday.
Gianna: Who will be my mommy when you die?
Me: I will always be your mommy.

When it was time to go to bed, I could of swore that she hugged my neck tighter. Or maybe it was just my heart that was stuck in my throat. So for all my friends that are mothers, for my own mother, my mother in law, and all those who have mothered me growing up - thank you. Thank you God for giving us the best gift - the unconditional love from our children.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Girlfriend...I'm so impressed. I'm totally cying at my desk right now. You are so awesome. You definatly make me laugh...matter of fact you have made me pee my pants. You're doing a great job in life. You're are truly a beautiful peron Rochelle. I love you.

Double V said...

Blog on my BFF. Love it. Know you will always be the best pee my pants friend a gal could ever have.
See you Saturday
xoxox's

Anonymous said...

I love that. You should write a book.

Anonymous said...

Nina shared your blog site with me. What a wonderful gift to all of us! Funny thing....my granny's birthday was March 12th....we always celebrated together!