Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Clean - Let it ALL go

Have you ever asked yourself.... SELF? Why am I keeping all this clutter? Am I really going to fit in these pants that I have been holding on for two years? Do I really need these knick knacks that are collecting dust? And then on a whim we pack them up in a glad bag and send it off to the Goodwill. Oh what a feeling! (i'm busting out in the Flashdance song as we speak!). We feel so organized, free, and clean. So, my resolution is to spring clean my heart. In the same way, I need to get rid of the things that are holding me down - the hurt, the anger, the pain, the pride. And what better time to do that but - Now! During Easter. Where I can just lay it all down at the foot of the cross - surrender it all. Because that is the real truth about why we celebrate this holiday. Christ taking it all on - Him carrying the cross for us, taking the things we lay down before Him. And that is a free and clean feeling! I find that when I do that, my hands and heart are free to love myself and others around me. It is a JOY that can not be explained. Happy Easter everyone - and start spring cleaning!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!
I love it. Everything feels clean, new and fresh in spring and around Easter! A total reminder of the sacrafice that was made for me so I could also be considered clean and new in God's eyes.
Love you lots!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Very true. Thank you for helping me remember i don't have to carry the things i think i can change but won't ever be able to.
Hoppy Easter my BFF!
Love ya
Maggie

Anonymous said...

i love this so much rochelle. you are such a good writer. And always an inspiration. miss you.xo