Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Build One Another UP!











Who in their right mind would wake up on a Saturday morning at 6:00 am to hike 13 miles? That would be me. But there would have been no way, I would have done it on my own. That is what friends are for. Tina, Sara, Scott, and I hiked up Saint Helena this past Saturday. First of all, never walk alone. Walk with a friend. That way, they will be the first to get bit by the rattlesnake. And you have a better chance that a mountain lion will eat your friend before you! But in all seriousness, I would have never wanted to experience something like that on my own. The beauty and sense of accomplishment would not have given it justice, if not shared with someone. As I think about it, that is why we have friends through life. To encourage one another on the uphill battles. To experience the joys when you look out and see the beauty of life. To walk side by side with someone, having the security of a friend. And last but not least, having someone rub the cramp out of your butt when you just can't go on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your comparison about hiking up a mountain and dealing with the up hill battles of life! Friends make both so much better. Good friends are a must and are such a gift. Thanks for being a good friend! and waking up at 6am to climb mountains with me.
love, Tina

P.S. I'll massage your butt any day. Unless, we're on half dome- then you're on your own because I'm not letting go of the cables!!

Tasha Riley said...

You guys are going to be so much more prepared than I am for this hike! And I would have to agree that hiking with friends looks like much more fun than hiking alone (or with a dog).