Thursday, June 26, 2008

AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN TOO HIGH.... to fart

It was a total serious matter. I was going straight up - completely vertical for 425 feet - and I wasn't about to lose my focus. Let's just say, I got real familiar and friendly with my REI hiking boots. I was not about to look up and I wasn't even going to attempt looking down. My mind kicked into the "This means business" mode. Holding on tight to the cables, or should I say, clinging to my life on a metal thread, I started to descend the granite rock. My biceps were burning, and if my toes could of clawed into the rock, they would have. Just about the middle of the descent, a man was passing me, coming up the cables. There was a large step that he had to throw his leg up on and then pull himself up. As soon as he pulled his body up off the ground, I heard it! "BBBBLLLLLLLTTT" He freakin farted. Not a little dainty fart, but a "I just ate beans for dinner fart!" In normal circumstances, I would have busted up. But with the fear that had consumed me, I was so afraid to move any other part of my body. As soon as I got down and knew I couldn't fall, I let my head throw itself back and I laughed my butt off! Ain't no mountain high...to fart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you were dealing with major fear if you let a stranger rip a big fart next to you and you didn't laugh! Kinda like my blister I didn't even feel the huge hole on the back of my heal on the way up the rock or the way down. Fear is a powerful thing!
love, Tina

Anonymous said...

Seriously. I would have fallen off the rock.
Was it the kind of fart you would let out each morning at Mt. Gilead by putting your butt and legs up in the air and letting loose?
Thought so

Luv Vicki