Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gianna' Recital

So you probably think I lead a boring life, since I haven't blogged in awhile. But the truth remains, that I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to catch my breath. This last weekend Gianna had her dance recital. It started on Thursday, with full hair and makeup, pictures, and then dance rehearsal on Friday. And then the big day on Saturday. It was a whirlwind of craziness. Thank God she hasn't tried out for SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. I don't think I can handle that yet. As she came out on stage, the tears started rolling. I am such a sap. Although, I think part of the tears was true relief. One thing down, 107,256 things to go! Vicki started laughing with me. She said, "She's not getting hurt! She's dancing for goodness sake!" Leave it to her to put it in perspective. But I think it is a combination of things. I want Gianna to have fun. I want her not to be scared. I want her to do her best. I truly can feel all those things whirl around in my head as she whirls around the stage. I haven't had a moment to post pictures, but definitely will next week. But you can check out her dance on youtube. The address is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NykdxAXbv8. My friend Heather made the video, since her daughter was in the same class as Gianna. It was so touching because Gianna and Natalie have been friends since they were born. So, to watch them do something like this together, was just the icing on the cake. By the way, she wants me to remind everyone -that she is the one in the middle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

too, too, TOO, CUTE!

p.s. see you tomorrow girl!

Anonymous said...

Maybe next year if Julia does it and i cry you can put me in my place.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Sooo cute-I just went to my friend's daughter's dance recital, and let me tell you - that was pretty good compared to some of these kids :) She is mini-Rochelle! Very cute!
Tanya