Wednesday, June 25, 2008

CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD (in Yosemite)


Hello? Lord? I know it's 3:45am and you haven't yet hung the sun out , but I really need you today. Please keep us safe! Okay, it's 5:45am now, and it's the most you've heard from me in such a small amount of time. But we are ready to begin on this trail - please keep the bears hibernating, the mountain lions busy, and the rattlesnakes hidden far beneath the earth! ....Wow! Lord this is amazing! Thanks for this beauty around me. Sorry that I take things for granted. I am so small in this world, yet my heart is so full of gratitude for my place in this world. Okay, God. What's going on? Why am I getting this cramp in my leg? Oh, I get it now. I will never be mean to my legs again! I don't care if they have cellulite. They have brought me this far. OH MY GOD! (okay so i just yelled your name in vain) But I'm gonna climb THAT! What was I thinking? Please keep my friends safe. ... I can't believe I made it to the top! How am I gonna get down from here. I can feel my heart racing in my ears and I just heard a bird fly within an inch of me. This is not natural! I think I'm gonna freak out or call the REACH helicopter. Please be with me... please be with me.


And then I felt a peace, like no other and I heard..."Rochelle, I got you up this mountain and I will get you down!"


Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, love it, love it!! I felt the same exact way. My hands got sweaty just looking at that picture.

love, Tina

Anonymous said...

Good thing i sent a care package. Glad i could be there in the form of food.

Luv Vicki