Monday, June 23, 2008

INDISCRIBABLE






The journey of man cannot be measured until you walk in their shoes. My journey to Half Dome is so hard to put into words, unless you were to walk in my hiking boots. This was not about getting to the top, but about the steps that got me there. I have come full circle and learned so much. I AM STRONG! Physically and mentally. In my fourteen hour trek, I have grown emotionally, physically, and spiritually and all with the help of my friends and my GOD! I could have not done it alone. I was so full of anxiety, expectation, and hope throughout the hike. There were times that I thought that I could not carry on. I was tired, weak, thirsty, and I would turn a corner and the most beautiful waterfalls would mist over me - renewed and refreshed I was able to carry on. And so is life! Through the trials of life, it is so hard to see the blessing, but God provides such renewal in the midst of it all. I am so small in this world, but yet I still matter. I am loved. And I am alive!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, you made me cry. (But what's new) Your strength is inspirational and I LOVED this journey and what it meant to each person. Sharing it with you and the other girls will be a favorite memory of mine forever.
Your climbing buddy, Tina

Anonymous said...

I got goosebumps reading your blog today. I am so glad I got to experience this with you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm finally at the point where I can say, "that was so cool!" (But I'm still never doing it again.) I couldn't have asked to go with a better group; the hot momma's are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing and the only thing that makes me sad is the lost time not living near you :( Love you, McCowen girl

Save your Fork said...

rochelle, you are such a great writer! I wish I could have been there with you all. That is such an amazing picture of you on the top of the mountain. How cool!

Anonymous said...

so cool! I wish I was there! tanya