Friday, August 8, 2008

It's been Hell. It's been Heaven. And it's only been Eleven

What can one accomplish in eleven years? I have accomplished to buy and sell two houses, push two children out of my body and into the world, keep the same job, and all with my husband by my side. I can't believe that tomorrow we have been married for eleven years. We met at church when we were only sixteen. I will always remember one of our first dates at the movies. He took me to see Arachnophobia. He was sly and so suave, as he slowly put his arm around my chair, as the spiders came creeping down the large movie screen. It took him months to kiss me and now I can't keep him off me! Love was so uncomplicated back then. It was so simple. There was no responsibility attached. And then we got married, bought a house, and had kids. We have had our struggles through the years and there were moments that I felt like walking away. Too easy! So we've endured life's ups and downs together. One of the first things I was attracted to was Justin's laughter. Laughter has kept us together when life has been too tense. I have learned many things through marriage - Patience, Patience...... have I mentioned Patience!? So, Happy Anniversary Justin! I'm looking forward to a good dinner tomorrow. And yes.... you may get a little dessert!

3 comments:

Tasha Riley said...

i love your honesty! Happy anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blogs. I can totally feel you mean what you say and sister friend that is one of the top 3 reasons i love you so much.
Have a great day and give a little, laugh a little, let your poor butt fart a little!
Happy dessert!

Love ya both
Mag

Save your Fork said...

Rochelle,
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!! I hope you guys have a great night out.
Love ya,
Heather