Friday, August 22, 2008

We Will Miss Lavon!

Today is another milestone for Gianna - it is her last day of daycare/preschool. You have to understand that Lavon has been a big part of our family's life for four years. I think I'll miss her more than Gianna. How do you thank someone for taking care of your child for the last 4 years? I want to share with you, the poem that I framed for Lavon, along with a picture of both Lavon and Gianna together.

We entrusted our child to you,
It was hard to let go
She fell into your loving arms
And this is what I know

The gratitude we feel could never be measured
You had a part in shaping who she is,
And that will always be treasured

You guided her with a gentle hand
Wrapped her in your love,
We were given such a gift, from heaven up above

You loved her like your own, as the days turned into years
You became a part of her life’s journey
Through the laughs and through the tears

We love you Lavon!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Very nice and thoughtful! I love it. I am glad you have a blog - I rarely talk to you. XO Donna.