Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's A Zoo Out There!

Yesterday was the last big fun thing before school starts in a week in a half. My cousin Jenny and I decided to take the kids to the San Francisco Zoo yesterday. I kind of did it for selfish reasons too - to beat the heat of Cloverdale. I always think it is funny how I play these family outings in my mind - I work myself up. "It's going to be so fun! We'll pack our lunches and have a picnic. The animals will be so adorable. This will be such a learning experience!" But soon I am reminded (5 minutes into the car ride), that it is my children who are the ANIMALS! They fought like animals in the back seat. Gianna was scratching and pulling Brandon's hair. Brandon was yelling at her. I was praying, "Please Lord! Once I get to the zoo.... let a tiger escape and put me out of my misery!" I was half hoping there would be a cage that I could place my two kids in... just for a couple of hours! It turned out to be an good day in spite of their bickering. On the ride home, Brandon and Gianna talked about their favorite animals. Brandon loved the meerkates and the Wolf Spider. Gianna loved the lemurs and the flamingos. I loved the little squirrel monkeys. I'll have to post some pictures later, since we got home late last night.

No comments: