Monday, August 18, 2008

KOA
















Okay... so I lied. Our last fun thing before school starts was our KOA camping trip this weekend. We set out late Friday with our travel trailer and met our friends Vicki and Shaan (they rented a KOA Kabin). There are so many things to do at a KOA for kids... petting zoo, hay rides, swimming, a fishing pond, arcade, spooky walks, karaoke, and the hokey pokey (which Julia stole the show). There really wasn't a lot of time just to explore or relax. RELAX! What's that? Maybe you should ask the men of our camp. Since they had the luxury of just hanging out while the women entertained and watched the children the entire time. Hillary Clinton was partially right when she said "It takes a village." But what she left out was that it takes a village of women. A village of women who can feed the children, get them dressed, keep them safe, and discipline them. You know you are great friends when you can yell at each other's children and not care. I think Vicki and I established that. "Don't do this! Don't do that! Why did you poop in the forest? Don't whine! You can't have that! Because I said. Because I said. Because I said." I know the kids had a blast, but I have to say... I really wanted to take a nap when we got home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love th e pic of G an J.
It was fun after all. We might try to get back up there in Sept. or Oct. Any takers? Maybe Lorna will be there again. Smokes and all

Luv Mag

Rochelle said...

I'll only go if we see a lawyer first... and he puts it in writing that the husbands have to help.