Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What If?

What if on Monday morning I had left five minutes earlier? Or what if I had left five minutes later? It could have made a difference of whether my friend remained dead or alive. There are no coincidences in life. She knew that she shouldn't have let the stranger in her car - she had that aching feeling. But being the woman that she is, she didn't want to seem mean. I pulled out of my driveway and I knew something was wrong when she stopped me. She said that this man hurt his foot and needed a ride to his friends house. He insisted. So I followed her, thinking it was going to be around the corner. We started driving into a remote area and I knew something was wrong. He noticed that I was following her and started to act weird. She finally let him out of her car. Later, she went to the police station because it just didn't sit right. They had advised her that she was lucky that she had someone follow her because that same morning they were in pursuit of him with a canine dog. They lost his trail. They wouldn't tell her why they were following him. God had His hand in this situation. He kept us safe! And I was ready to ram my cute little minivan into hers if I had to! I kept thinking, "I'm gonna have to close my eyes and accelerate!" But thank God, I didn't have to!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Rochelle! I can't believe that happened! How scary that it was way too close to home!

Anonymous said...

I just watched a show that was talking about this same thing. They said women are getting themselves raped, kidnapped and murdered because they don't want to seem rude or not nice. They went on to say that we are the only animal in the world that doesn't ALWAYS listen to that feeling says this doesn't feel right. I got chills reading your blog. Thank God it ended the way it did.
XOXO, Tina

Anonymous said...

Rochelle, I am speechless! Thank God for your safety and the safety of your friend. As Wade would say "Good lookin out". McCowen girl