Friday, April 11, 2008

Dad is Great! He Gives me Chocolate Cake!

It's my dad's 70th birthday today. I can't believe it. I hate that he lives 3 hours away and I only see him just once a year. But even though I don't see him often, we are strangely alike in so many ways. It really is a toss up between my mom and dad, in where I get my humor - but I must say, my dad is pretty darn funny. This past Easter he told me he was gonna have a Easter egg hunt, but then his Alzheimer's kicked in and he forgot where he hid the eggs. There is never a phone conversation where I don't end up laughing with him(or at him). He is very athletic and even on his birthday today, he was off to the gym - I wonder if they have a special "old people" treadmill for him. I totally get my athletic and competitive drive from him. We also like the same type of comfort food - good ol' macaroni and cheese. Which he has had a lot of practice making lately, since my step mom just had hand surgery. My dad definitely has been learning to appreciate her lately, since he can't even boil water without burning it. My dad is also my strength and he is easy to talk to when I need advice. He is level headed and tells you what you need to hear. Happy Birthday Dad! I wish I could be there with you today! I love you more than you know. I am blessed to have you in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking it was his b-day this month. Happy Birthday Mr. Hall!

With love
Gloria