Monday, April 28, 2008

REMEMBER


Dear Granny,

I have missed you every minute since you left this earth, a year ago today. You were such a big part of my life and I will forever be blessed by your love. I will never forget our last moment we shared together. I crawled over to the couch where you were sitting and you bent down and kissed me on the forehead. I almost didn't kiss you goodbye that night, but there was a feeling inside me that told me otherwise. God gave me that one last gift from you and I will forever by grateful. I walked into your empty house awhile ago and I could still smell the faint traces of your minestrone soup. I guess after cooking for all those years, the smells have penetrated the walls. After I left your home, I missed you more - I missed cooking with you, talking, laughing, sharing stories, painting your nails on the porch and so many other things. You taught me how to love with a heart and arms wide open. Brandon and Gianna talk about you all the time and you will never be forgotten. You will forever be a part of our lives.

We love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was so freakin sweet to do. If i was alone I would bust into tears right now. She was so you in 40 years. I liked her alot. Here's to yo u Roxy. Rock on!

Vicki