Friday, April 25, 2008

Missing

I should have known to go with my gut. But against my better judgement, I let my common sense fly out the window. Brandon came up to me the other day, with the cutest eyes, and says, "Mom, it is time for me to move on with my life." Okay- I'm thinking-you're only eight, but we will see where this is going. "Let's release my frogs into their natural habitat." (here it comes, I just know it) "And put my snake that I just caught, in the aquarium that they use to live in." I sat and thought about it and decided - SURE! What the hell was I thinking as I shouted out the word that would forever change the way I live my daily life. Why would it change my daily life, you ask? Because the damn snake got out of the cage and has been missing for five days!!! I have been creeping around the house, just certain that it will rear its ugly, scaly body. There are moments that I forget that I have a reptile loose in the house and once I realize it, my hearts jumps back into my throat. I'm certain that it is nestled under my covers, or has made its domain in the overflowing laundry basket. So, what is missing beside the snake? My better judgement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOD ROCHELLE!!! I would be DYING!!!! Oh my gosh, i can't even handle it reading it! I would seriously be living in a hotel until they found it. Maybe call the dog catcher people??? Oh Lord, that is HORRIBLE!!!!!!