Wednesday, April 30, 2008

AMAZING











The first amazing thing is that I got my fat bootie to hike 23 miles on Saturday. The second amazing thing is that I didn't die doing it! It's crazy how the body and mind work hand in hand with one another. And the only thing that hurt the next day was my big toe. And the most amazing thing about this whole hike was the fact that I got to experience the beauty that surrounds me everyday. I really take things for granted and it was a moment that I could really appreciate my friends around me, nature, and my own determination. It was not about the destination, but about the journey. I once heard that life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. As I stood on the crest of the mountain, friends standing side by side, looking out at the ocean, I couldn't help but feel blessed that I was there. It was hard work getting there, but in the end, so worth it.

2 comments:

Tasha Riley said...

23 miles! Holy guacamole! You guys are doing so great..... 3 more miles and that's a marathon. So who's doing the marathon with me in November????

Anonymous said...

Ditto Ronell!

Tasha,
everytime you ask the question about someone doing the marathon with I totally say to myself "I will". And then I try running and when I hit about mile 5 it feels like I can't go any further. Running is way harder than hiking. But I'm still tempted to try to train so I can do it with you.
love, Tina