Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Human to Human

The earthquake in China is devastating at so many different levels. The loss of buildings, homes, business', loss of life, loss of control, loss of self. I can't imagine one day living a normal life and in a matter of seconds, forever being changed. I can barely watch it on television because I seriously can feel for them. It seems too much to comprehend. My heart really feels for the mother's who sent their children to school and then will never have the chance to hold them again. You know that they are just praying for that one small miracle that their child will be pulled out of there alive. It doesn't matter if we are American mothers, come from a third world country, live in a remote village, or live in upscale New York - mothers feel the pain of other mothers no matter what walk of life we come from. Tragedies like this make us human again. It enables us to feel for those around us - beyond ourselves. I pray for their families and for their country.

1 comment:

Double V said...

Whenever this happens i think that i really need to put my prioities in perspective and stop worrying about the dishes in the sink, if i am carrying a Coach purse, how good or bad my hair looks or whatever the tangible item is that is insignificat. I am so thankful for my family and friends and need to tell them more insted of think about doing it.