Monday, May 12, 2008

Smother Mother Day

I have decided (along with my friend Heather) that a mother is not allowed to enjoy her day until she is 85! Why? Because that is when you are old enough for your own children to care and your husband to finally appreciate you for all you have done. I guess part of the mother's day thing is that I expect to much. The saying still holds true - don't expect and you won't be disappointed. What is it that I exactly want? Well, I'll tell you. You can't wrap it up in a tidy cute bow - its called REST! And again, I won't get that til I'm eight five and in a REST HOME. So, I want to know - do all mom's want to rest on their day? Do you want to spend it with your kids? Time alone? I'm interested to see how the mom's out there want to spend the day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to spend Mothers Day with my family, and especially my Mom. If it wasn't for her and my kids I would have nothing to celebrate. There everyting to me and I appreciate them more than they will ever know. That's what make the Day so special!!!!

Anonymous said...

A perfect mother's day is time with my kids & husband. My husband has done such a nice job teaching my children how to put me first on that day. That in itself is such an amazing gift to me. They are always thoughtful and thankful for how I care for them. I also love to see my mom and mother-in-law (usually the day before) they are such good examples to me recognizing and appreciating that I'm a mom now, giving me and my little family the freedom to spend quality time together without any pressure or guilt. What a gift!
Rochelle, you are an awesome mom! Always putting your families needs and wants ahead of your own. I hope you get the rest you desire this week! Love you!!
Love,
Tina

Anonymous said...

I think my idea of the perfect mother's day is just feeling appreciated. I saw my grandma and my mom, the day before like Tina did. This year, with everything I have been going through lately, I just wanted to sleep in! That didn't really happen, but there's always next year! I think the coolest thing about motherhood is that we all do it differently, because we all bring to the table our past experiences and our unique outlooks. So to me, mother's day is about celebrating every mom in my life, including my friends, who amaze me with their ability to take on all of the stresses of life but still be awesome mothers. Even though we may go crazy sometimes, at least we can cheer each other on, because it isn't always easy. And I love that I can feel free about admitting that. I'm no freaking Donna Reed, but my kids love me anyway! Love, Heather

Anonymous said...

Shoots, I am going to be honest and say "REST"!!!! I would love to have my child taken away for just a few hours by ANYONE! LOL! I would miss her but the time to myself would be amazing. I probably wouldn't do a dang thing, but I know for a fact I would lay on the couch, maybe look through some emails or other computer stuffs and just do NOTHING! It would be great! But I can't even get breakfast in bed, let alone a WHOLE DAY OFF! haha!