Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sometimers

Memorial weekend was filled with lots of places and things that were definitely worthy of hauling out the expensive camera for. I made sure, before we left for the weekend, to charge the battery, bring both lenses, and bring the camera case. First stop was my dads house. We haven't seen him in two years and you all know when you have kids that is long time. I measure time by how big the kids are. Gianna was excited to see grandpa and the way she giggled around him was just priceless. I was going to whip out the camera but was distracted. The next day we took Brandon and Gianna to walk through a lava cave. Or should I say, I walked through the cave with Gianna's face buried into my chest. Then it was off to visit family at some property they had just bought. It was a picture moment - all of standing out in the middle of the woods, warming our bodies by the campfire. Justin carefully took out the camera, put on the mega zoom lens (the kind that notices a zit on your face, before you do), and snapped some photos. But it wouldn't work. What the hell? I forgot the camera card!! I swear I have Sometimers. Sometimes, I remember-Sometimes, I don't! The rest of the weekend, I carefully notated in my mind, the special moments that I would have to take snapshots of in my memory. That nobody else could share or reminisce with me. They were mine alone. And sometimes that is nice too!

1 comment:

Tasha Riley said...

But that's why you have such a good memory, and can remember the exact day and time that things happened!