Friday, May 30, 2008

Proud Mama

Every since Brandon came out of the womb, eight years ago, I knew he was special. But don't we all think that about our own children? There is a certain connection Brandon has with nature. I swear he is going to be the next Crocodile Hunter or Austin Stevens (the snake adventurer). He has such a love for reptiles, insects, nature, and how the world works. When I was his age, I was interested in cartwheels and dancing to BEAT IT! He can tell you the habitat of a certain species of snake, what they eat, look like, how they reproduce, and has no fear of picking one of those slithery things off the ground. What amazes me is the beauty he sees in the smallest of creatures. He just finished his second grade year yesterday (in writing that - i think I just got 50 more gray hairs- I feel so old), and just got his report card. All Excellents! All 4's! He received the award for spelling and science in his class. Surprise! Surprise. His teacher is amazed of how much he actually knows about nature and science. He has taught me a few things. I am so proud of him! So in celebration of his great efforts, we are going to the movies tonight to see Indiana Jones. Good Job Brandon!

2 comments:

Tasha Riley said...

Wow!! Great job Brandon. They don't give out those 4's to just anyone!! And congrats to the proud mama (and dad), for raising such a great kid.

Double V said...

You go Godson! Aunt Vick and Uncle Shaan love you and know you will keep up the good work. Maybe you can put a bug, not a real one, in Alexander's ear. Say school rocks!
Way to go dude!