Monday, May 5, 2008

2,4,6,8,... Who Do We Appreciate?

Sometimes it's hard for moms to sit back and realize that we do in fact do a lot for our family's. And it is easy for those around us to take us for granted. So, I am giving a shout out to myself, that I appreciate me and all I do! This weekend was crazy and there literally was not a moment that I actually sat down. It started out after work on Friday, taking Brandon to a birthday party, which got over at 9:00pm. Then Saturday, an early wake up, pick up some baseball boys, and off to Boonville, with a van full of decked out eight year olds. After the game, we grabbed some McDonalds (you know I'm busy if I settle for that food) and then baseball pictures. We got home and I noticed that one of the boys (no one will fess up) spilled red gatorade in the back of my van. Thus, the 3 hour clean up of the van - which has now stained my carpet. I just put away the hose, when Brandon's friend came over to do a sleep over. By the time we all settled for bed it was 10:00pm and I fell asleep on the couch - no blankets, no pillows, no nothing. I can't even tell you when the TV went off. The next day Justin asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day- I told him a day to do nothing! I need some refueling! This is to all my friends who are Mom's (especially Tasha- who does everything) take some time for yourself and appreciate YOU!

2 comments:

Tasha Riley said...

This how much I appreciate myself...I see my name and think, "maybe she knows another Tasha, or maybe she meant to write Tina." Anyway, thanks for the reminder to take time for ourselves. I am going on a retreat this weekend with church, so there is my "me" time.

Anonymous said...

Woop Woop! You know it girl. Here's to you too. You are a gret mom and desire some refueling time and also a moms night out with your other mom friends. Sounds like i am trying to plan a girls night? Yep i am. Any takers?
Love you
Maggie