Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why God Gave Me a Big Foot!

I'm sure many of my friends have heard this story, but every once in a while, I think about the times I have wanted to crawl under a rock because of something I have said. My philosophy in life is whoever you meet in the day... try to make them feel good with something you say or with something you do - they will remember the way you made them feel. So, I had this client who came into my office. A very sweet lady who was very over weight. Believe me, I know that uncomfortable feeling of being over weight and just meeting someone for the first time. I wanted to make her feel comfortable. She had a blue strap around her neck, that fit snug, with a white decoration that protruded out from her neck. I complimented her necklace as we sat down together at my desk. Until, she very nicely advised me that it was not a necklace but her tracheotomy! Can I just crawl under my desk??? Right this moment! But if that was enough.. I say, "Well, you can always decorate it!" Size 11 foot goes directly into the mouth! I guess my philosophy of making someone feel good that day, really didn't work. But it sure makes me laugh at myself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O MY GOSH!! You are too funny! The, "At least you can decorate it.", was the best. Poor thing. :)