Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Baby's Got Back...........pain

Last Monday, (on the first day of school I might add), I was making the bed. As I tucked in the bed, I got the most excruciating pain in my lower back that radiated down both my legs. Needless to say, I couldn't move, and laid in a fetal position on top of the bed, which seemed like forever. I drove the kids to school that morning and walked them to class, which looked like I had a stick up where the sun doesn't shine. But I got them there! Why couldn't I have hurt my back heroically? Like on Half Dome? Or jumping out of a two story window to save someones life? Making a bed? Come on now! I am truly old and I am sounding like my mother more and more these days. But I must say, I am filled with gratitude this morning because I am finally feeling better - a whole week later. Ahhh the simple things in life! I never took notice of how much I loved my back, until it was hurting. The pain was so consuming and it literally exhausted me. I'm back in business this week with a whole new attitude. Thank God because Disneyland here I come. I'll see Mickey on Thursday with my friends/sisters Tina and Tasha. Even if my back still hurt, I would have taken a wheelchair. Who knows? I would have gotten on the rides faster!

1 comment:

Tasha Riley said...

I would have pushed you around all day if I needed to! Can't wait!!