Wednesday, September 10, 2008

OVERWHELMED

I am so overwhelmed with so many emotions as I write this blog today. A gnawing depth of sadness that I can't shake, gratitude for my life, a thankfulness for dear and real friends, helplessness beyond my own understanding, and a voice within me that wants to just cry out and wail. Why? Why does one of my friends have to have leukemia? It hurts. What is the message? I have had so many other friends email their thoughts and I weep as I read them. Because it is such a deep understanding between women. We are mothers, wives, and friends, and we feel for those women around us that are hurting. We are able to put ourselves in their shoes and say What if it was me? What about my husband? What about my children? I go back to yesterday's blog and am renewed with the promise that there is Hope. Even though we can't see it through the pain right now, I know there is grace in it all. To know that as women we can lift one another up,without even question, is a blessing. Please pray for my friend Shannan and her family. Please pray for the women around her that we will know how to love and comfort her at this painful moment in life.

No comments: