Friday, September 26, 2008

Humor in the Unexpected

Yesterday, was a challenging day. The school called and said that Gianna had thrown up. I was right in the middle of an important call and had a client waiting in the lobby. Being a mom and working at the same time is quite a challenge and gives a whole new meaning to multi-tasking. I went into overdrive, dealt with the moment, and flew to the school like Wonder Woman. I still had stuff to do at work, so I brought her back with me. I set her down at my desk with every type of coloring supply known to a 5 year old. We all know that five years olds are egocentric and she kept interrupting me, while I was on the phone. Before I picked up the phone to talk to my client, I said, "Gianna, you can't interrupt mommy right now because I have to talk to a very grouchy man." And she replied, "Are you talking to Daddy?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. How quickly they learn!

VV