Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tower of Terror

The glass elevator looked so inviting. Yes! Finally a nice hotel. Holiday Inn Express here I come. Believe me- I've had my share of shady hotels. This past summer I stayed in one where a murder took place. I can tell you that if I would have known that before, I wouldn't had stayed. Needless to say, I get happy with the small things in life - a glass elevator. I anxiously pressed the up arrow, excited to get inside its glass windows to see the view of L.A. The doors opened and invited me in. They shut and I was transformed into a whole new world. It was like I was in a gas chamber in a concentration camp. It must have been a 150 degrees inside! I could have survived that, but the worst was its stench of fart. I could only imagine myself clawing at the glass, gasping for pure clean air. I finally was rescued as the doors hesitantly opened to let me out of my prison. Why? Why fart in an elevator people? Well, I found that answer on my own. Because it takes you 1 hour in LA traffic to go 4 miles. And from personal experience you never want to get the unexpected poo cramp while sitting in traffic because you have no where to go! By the time you get to the hotel, your body's instinct knows that you are almost there to be rescued by the porcelain bowl. Your body has no other choice to just let it all go! Thus, the Tower of Terror!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you can call your BF cause she could relate with the poo cramp that only she would know from holding it 6 days while at camp with you. When you can't have a BM you gotta BF! hehehe

Me

Anonymous said...

The next time we go anywhere YOU are gettting the hotel room. I admit that I can not book a hotel on line. I'm a little challenged! I did it 3 times - and I'm just not good. So it's your turn. Have Fun!

I think the slow moving glass chamber always smelled of perfume mixed with crap that was 400 degrees! NICE.

Tina