Monday, September 15, 2008

No Mom... I Didn't


Why do kids always think we won't find out? They always test the boundaries - even if those boundaries are edged with poison oak. If I haven't said it a million times, I will say it again...Don't go in the creek. And the answer I always get back is... I won't. Even though I see it with my own eyes, Brandon will still deny that he even went within inches of the creek bed. But the truth will prevail, even at its darkest hour - like 5:00am. His scream this morning pushed me out of bed as I scrambled like Helen Keller to get to his room. I walked across the hallway, arms out in front, using braille as my guide. I finally got to his room to find that he could barely open his own eyes. He was itching from head to toe. I spent this morning at the urgent care trying to subdue the "itchies". The doctor asked, "Has he been near poison oak?" Brandon's reply (not looking at me)... "Well, maybe." Well, that was sure a different story on Sunday when I asked him the same question. But sneakiness always has a way of revealing itself - even with swollen red eyes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, rochelle! that looks so awful...poor baby! It's so hard being a mom!

Anonymous said...

Rochelle I can't believe this!! Poor little guy he looks BAD!!!! I bet he would't go in the creek for along time! Love Ya Mom

Anonymous said...

I remember one of Maile's posts where Annie said she didn't get into the mascara. Well, the girl looked like a Sharpie exploded on her!! ... Kids are funny. Did anyone else catch it from him?...Poor thing. I bet he won't be doing that again!!